Its always the small things in life...

I was walking back home today morning and saw this guy on a cycle selling flowers on a basket. And pretty flowers they were, Gundu malli wasn't there but there was sannajaji and this greenish-mallipoovu that I have been seeing a lot of nowadays.
Without thinking I went up to him and asked him to give me one moora and he measured out one long hand and wrapped it up for me.
Me: Yenta? (How much?)
Him : 5

And then it hit me, I was out for a morning walk, I wasn't carrying any money on me!!! I am so used to having a bag on me(with a purse :) ) that this was a first for me! I dug into my pockets just in case and found 3Rs.

Me: 5 illa, parvagilla bidi.(I don't have 5, its ok, let it be)
and started to walk away but he called out and said "Yeshtide?" (How much do you have?)
And he actually gave me the flowers for 3Rs saying "Bandbittu duddilla antha hogbedi, Devarigalva" (Dont go away just because you don't have the money, its for God isn't it?) and gave me a big smile!
And of course followed it up with "Rate jasti irovaga hegidru kodalla" (when its costly season I can't give it anyways)
and one more smile.
Now there was a smile that could last me all day :)
Oh , it wasn't the fact that he gave me the flowers for a lesser rate, it was his happy face and small talk with that smile that made it special !

2 comments:

Anonymous September 16, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

NI@#$@#$ Ajji .. you could have bartered off your pink ipod ..couldn't you ?

Haiiiiiiiiiiiiii Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Anonymous September 16, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

keep your eyes off my pinkkkkk ipod !!!
thuthu kannhakbeda :-P

Post a Comment