I wish I could find pointers to the lost memory locations in my head

A dozen things that I have been meaning to write about, things that catch my attention and I make a mental note to put it up and then time passes and I get caught up with all the boring details of life and I forget 9 out of 10 things that I should have captured and made immortal.
When you are in the midst of something happening, you tend to feel that the time/emotion is so precious or memorable that there is no way you can forget it. But time passes by and the nuances or those little details are definitely lost. The essence / gist might still linger in the recesses of your mind but you know that it is incomplete.That autograph book from the 10th std just before graduation, old mails that pop out when you are searching for God knows what, photos stowed away or those greeting cards bring back so many lost memories.
Ever wondered how it is that you can hum along when an old song that you havent heard in ages comes up. Its there somewhere in your head but you have forgotten that it exists isnt it?
Is life to be lost like that too?

6 comments:

Prashanth April 15, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

Myths you are so old-fashioned... its not called an autograph book these days, its called a slam book... uahahahaaa

Anonymous April 16, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

grrrrr .... smarty-pants , u are barely a year younger than me !! grrr

Anonymous April 17, 2008 at 2:52 PM  

uaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaahaa

Anonymous April 17, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

Did he just call you old fashioned ? Yapppppppa ...

Anonymous April 17, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

le uncle saksaku :-P

Anonymous April 18, 2008 at 9:30 AM  

ahem... yaaru uncle ? i am young as a 328 year old Banyan tree gotha gotha.....ouch my back hurts..

Post a Comment