Dreams talking sleep walking..

I restarted the application server after deploying a new build for the 11th time today and , believe me, it gets to you , staring at a Unix like screen, black with white formal characters passing by , scrolling leisurely while I wait to gain It’s majesty’s good grace , so it would start gracefully without spewing out errors left, right and center (all in black and white again, which rather adds to my boredom) And while I am doing that waiting, I chose to read some nonsense off the net and sometimes write some and torture the poor souls who trickle into this dusty corner of the web world. Nope, you can’t escape now, you’ve stepped too far into the web for your own good, and now there’s no going back !! uahahhahaha , wicked laughter that is.
Last Friday, I was doing the same when I actually dozed off at my desk. No, my manager did NOT happen to pass by and catch me snoring !! Fine friends you are !!!
I got up way before that, and went out for a walk.
Right outside the office gate stand the RoadKings (auto Rajahs, of course!! ) They all look towards me waiting for me to say where I want to go (so they can say no of course !! ) Dozens of times, I have walked out of office for an auto and they don’t even move a lazy eyebrow in my direction, and when I don’t need one, they literally clamour around and glare when I shake my head and say nope, I intend to use my own feet to walk down the street.
Everytime I reach the gate, another thought hits me, I wonder why my office is situated in such a sleazy area. There’s a bar opposite my office, garbage strewn on most of the pavement, a crowd that, lets say belongs to the Gandhi class of a theatre. And before I can start on the complaints list, I hear a voice saying, if it weren’t here, you would be spending 3-4 hours traveling to Whitefield/Electronic City, so I quit cribbing, hold my head up high and take off.
I walk barely 50 steps (and I must mention, I walk without making eye contact with anyone, I see shapes pass by and that’s it.) and I see a shape walking towards me , on collision path, and I look into the face, some ewww fellow with a sneer on his face, I move out of his path (for which I had to step onto the road ) unfortunately, there was a bus parked there and I tried walking around it and stepped out in time for a 2-wheeler guy zooming who, I dont think would have minded hitting me if I didnt get out of the race track. Back on the pavement, I held on tighter to my bag and tried to look at people to be aware of what was coming.
I was looking at some hay, and something wet by the pavement (could be sewage, am not sure), I tried stepping off again and the only gap where there were no vehicles against the pavement was filled with garbage which had flies all over it.
Nope, I didn't give up. Not yet.
Its like a minefield, I literally had to escape 4 fellows who were about to bump into me by 'mistake', some weirdo who tried to change his pace to suit mine and kept turning around if I fell behind!!!
I finally reach the shop I want, pick up my order and head back. an auto guy did a 'cut' and stopped in front of me to cut me off the road. I came to a standstill. I think my heart lost a fuse.Sitting in that auto was this guy with a kerchief around his neck and a villanous mole on his cheek, he twists out of the auto and gives a leering 'Where to' , I gave him a "Are you out of your mind? Do I look like I am waiting for an auto? I dont want one" and run back to the safety of the dirty human-repellant pavement and he mutters something (not printable I am sure).
I get my two-wheeler out of the office campus and wait at the red signal.Behind me to the left a scooter stops, I realise after an engine died down. I turn around to look and mulitple things happen and I was a silent spectator who could do nothing.The old dude on the bike had his helmet half off, he took aim and spurted out paan right in front of him, precariously close to my left foot. I am so disgusted that I run home straight for a bath, I scrubbed my feet like I would had I walked in a garbage dump. I mean who spits on the road, scores of mindless idiots I know, but who spits in front of himself at a traffice signal onto the center of the road and why did it have to be me next to that jerk !!
At this point, I should have had to get up in front of my system shuddering about a nightmare. But , yeh hai Bangalore meri jaan . Dreams come true. Friday evening, this one sure did.

1 comments:

Anonymous November 11, 2008 at 6:33 PM  

aap ka number aagaya!!!!

Post a Comment