Healthy Chapathis, anyone?

How was today. Didn't study half as much as I should have.
My yoga instructor didn't let me do Surya Namaskar and says I can't do any for at least 10 days. Grrrrrrr.
I found a local "Wheat Flour Grinder" who is famous in the area. And my mom gave me a list of pulses/food grains that can be added to make really healthy chapathis - other than the wheat itself of course.
I learnt the English names of all those items:
Jowar: Sorghum/Milo.
Bajra : Millet.
Alasandalu : Black Eyed Peas.
Senegapappu : Bengal Gram Dal.
Raagulu : Finger Millet.
And Soya!
Mix all these into wheat get it grinded/powdered at the mill. And voila , you have amazingly healthy chapathis.

Turns out even stuff like Horlicks has wheat and stuff. I so did not know that.

Here's to learning things you don't know about ! And here's to healthy eating :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment