Come out of the darkness and find out who you are .

What defines an individual ? Is it the same as that which identifies him? Perhaps, what he does for a living, where he stays , where he is seen spending his time or perhaps the people he surrounds himself with . Is a person what he portrays himself to be ? Would it be true that a person is but a mental projection of himself ?What if a person decides to truly look within and see for himself what he is , what he wants to be , what he thinks of himself as , what he puts out for the world around him and decides to fit all that into one?Are we finally just a summation of all those things together or are we none of those ?Would it be a disappointment when the realisation hits you that you are but nothing in the big schema of things or would you really understand yourself and pat yourself on the back for having made a difference somewhere ? for having left a mark in the time you have had ..Would we really want to find ourselves ?Would we want to face the truth ?Isn't life simpler without questions ? and what will one get if he questions that which cannot be changed ?Wouldn't one rather hide behind the facade and be happy in the delusion that all is hunky-dory ? Or would one want to unlock that door that leads to true self-realisation ?
I would want to live in my dream world where I don't have to answer those questions , yet when life throws up those questions at me , I do try to open that door .Scared as I am of what the path beyond it leads to . One step at a time ...There has to be light at the end of the tunnel , else someday I may just choose to walk back .
Yet , If I am happier with what I believe I am and perhaps know I am , why do I wonder if my sub-conscious holds the key to a lot more. Am I starting out on a meaningless quest ?
Do you know yourself ? Really ?

Inspiration for this post : -

Reach for the light
You might touch the sky
Stand on the mountaintop and see yourself flying
Reach for the light to capture a star
Come out of the darkness and find out who you are
-Steve Winwood

2 comments:

Vc January 24, 2007 at 6:02 PM  

self realisation ??? hello hello yakamma

Anonymous January 28, 2007 at 5:40 AM  

Hmmmmmm ... Interesting.

Post a Comment