Gone with the (winter) wind ...

I lost it all to a mere wind.
All year round , bit by bit , inch by inch , I put my heart and soul into becoming what I am today.I stand proud spreading out my arms to meet the sky , to reach out more and more everyday.
The child's delight when he uses me for hide-n-seek, the mother's content smile as she rests under my shade watching her child , the lovers' sigh as they pass by me holding hands .. this is all I get in return and that is all I ask for.
How can He put me through this?He chooses for me to fight the same battle over and over again.To restrict me ? To teach me ? I know not and I have no choice . My soon to be barren arms call out to me in undying hope that I will save them the shame. But alas .... I lose it all to a mere wind ..

3 comments:

Vc January 30, 2007 at 9:37 AM  

I got it you are a ...staircase

Huck January 30, 2007 at 10:42 PM  

a big helpful and tall gigantic tree losing all it's colourful leaves to the wind? in winter? or was it autumn?

Vc January 31, 2007 at 9:40 AM  

OMG its a telephone pole...alva?

Post a Comment