Ambition!

Everybody in the world around me seems to walk with a purpose, places to go , people to meet, things to do . There seem to be so much on the mind, from the mundane thoughts of "Will I make my bus on time ?" or a "I hope I get to that meeting on time!" to the more serious issues like "I hope everything is smooth sailing at work today so I can get back home and take care of XYZ" or "I hope that ABC doesn't come up with a new thing to impress the boss and put my job in trouble." Life seems to have been reduced to being a run-here and then run-there and then get-here or get-there. We seem to rush through life, where's the time to stop and smell the roses. Everybody is hurrying along life at such high speeds trying to get to a destination that isn't probably even defined. Have half the people in the world ever even thought about why they are doing what they are doing ? Why is it that they are always rushing to get to some place?

Is it about motivation? Is it about achievement? Is it about satisfaction ?

What if you never had the 'inner-fire' to go out and take the world and come out on top of it? What if you have always been satisfied with your lot? You might not have gotten to climb Mt.Everest , but you got to go to the far end of the street you live on. Maybe that makes you happy! Maybe you want no more out of life than that which you already have.

Have you ever tried saying that to anybody, saying that "I have no ambition" , "I am happy with my life as it is at this moment" , "If this moment were my last, I would have no regrets" , people will look at you like you have probably committed a terrible unforgivable sin or make a horrified expression that says "I am not sure I am hearing you right, I don't understand how that is possible!" The sum of our life would be what we want it to be or at least what we make of the options available to us.

Who dictates what you are searching for from your life?
The world's opinion about "What defines a proper goal" or "These are the benchmarks that have already been set, you have to reach there if not better it" or "All around me are doing "XYZ" , I have to do it too and do it better than them" .
Does anyone really ever know what it is that they want out of life?Are you even searching for anything ? or are u just being pushed by the moving crowd and have no option but to let the flow control you ? Is anyone searching for anything ?If you don't know for where you are going , will you even realise once you reach it ? Or will you continue in the sea of people ?

Lets say, you know where you want to get in life, you have your own goal defined. Circumstances change people. So many incidents happen that mould you into what you are.The very way you think is influenced by all that you see around you.What you want today , you may not want tomorrow.So much so that tomorrow, you might even end up wanting something totally opposing what you want today.
Is it necessary ,at every step , to find happiness in what u have in hand or should u keep pushing yourself to find that elusive pot of gold just around the corner. Or perhaps, the concept of 'here and now' is meaningless if u can look back at the summation of your life and die with a smile !
And then again, is there ever an end to our journey?

9 comments:

Shona March 10, 2007 at 3:29 AM  

So many questions!! When will I get to read the answers to the questions that you raise?

But you write well, really well :)

By the way, I was reminded of Relativity while reading this blog. Nothing is absolute in this world or Universe if that makes more sense.

Everything is relative and has different meanings in different contexts!

Anonymous March 11, 2007 at 1:43 AM  

Hi Myths,

I really liked your writing, i felt as if you are pouring my mind out :)
really nice to see some one who thinks like me... the topics on which you have written always are in my thoughts and always felt like putting into words... but somehow never did... when i saw your writtings i really liked and just smiled at it!
keep writing... you are definitely writing for yourself.. i can see that in your writings... let it flow.

Anonymous March 11, 2007 at 11:32 AM  

I knew it..i knew it.. the pineapple theory....

myths March 11, 2007 at 2:17 PM  

Sunil,
yeh sahi hai, main hi sawal poochoon aur main hi jawab bhi doon! (waise jawab hota ,to phir se kyon poochti ;))
tum soch ke batao..

tubelight,
It always happens, when you read somethings , it seems exactly like what you have thought about / felt sometime. It somehow makes a good read.
and thanks :)
(I do gather u got here from Vc's blog)
Keep :)

anonymous,
you know the pineapple theory , I dont , swalpa detail explanation plz.
Sunil , tumhari wajah se log theories ke baare mein bat kar rahe hain :-P kya relativity ... vaise pata hai , mere office mein Einstein ka carbon copy ek banda hai ... awesome hairstyle ;)

Swappy March 13, 2007 at 8:54 AM  

Interesting one....though i did not go far enough to find myself out there in those awarded postures of my life....but sure i will :))

how about u?

Anonymous March 14, 2007 at 2:30 AM  

It is indeed an interesting blog entry. Being a little bit of a critic, i guess you could have put the same message in lesser words. I feel that you have tried harder to explain what was there in your head, making it so elaborate that the many scenarios that you bring out seem to be mapping into people's lives. A good read though. Nice to see the flow of thoughts. First few lines remind me of the introductory sentences/quotes/poem told by "Jhanavi" in Lage Raho Munna Bhai on the radio .. "...Agar yehi Jeena hai ... to phir ...".
Good writing Myths. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous March 14, 2007 at 2:30 AM  

It is indeed an interesting blog entry. Being a little bit of a critic, i guess you could have put the same message in lesser words. I feel that you have tried harder to explain what was there in your head, making it so elaborate that the many scenarios that you bring out seem to be mapping into people's lives. A good read though. Nice to see the flow of thoughts. First few lines remind me of the introductory sentences/quotes/poem told by "Jhanavi" in Lage Raho Munna Bhai on the radio .. "...Agar yehi Jeena hai ... to phir ...".
Good writing Myths. Keep up the good work.

myths March 14, 2007 at 6:11 AM  

alien,
I read those lines, they sound nice ..
Here goes :
“Shaher ki es daud me daud ke karna kya hai?
Jab yehi jeena hai dosto to phir marna kya hai?
Paheli barish me train late hone ki fikr hai
Bhool gaye bhigte hue tahelna kya hai?
Serails ke kirdaaro ka saara haal hai maloom
par maa ka haal puchhne ki fursat kise hai?
Ab ret pe nage paon tahalte kyun nahi?
108 hai channel phir dil bahelte kyun nahi?
Internet ki duniya ke to touch me hai,
lekin pados me kaun rahta hai jaante tak nahi.
Mobile, Landline sab ki bharmaar hai,
Lekin jigri dost tak pahuche aise taar kaha hai?
Kab dubte hue suraj ko dekha tha yaad hai?
Kab jaana tha shaam ka woh banana kya hai?
To Dosto Shaher ki es daud me daud ke karna kya hai
Jab yahi jeena hai to phir Marna kya hai? “

Shona May 17, 2007 at 5:22 AM  

chalo meri wajah se kuch ho tou raha hai ;)

ek ko bhi agar woh theory yaad aa jaaye tou credit is blog ko jaayega :)

hehehheheeh.. just kidding.

Post a Comment