My first Dear Diary entry ..

Sitting in my balcony, there's a slight drizzle outside, the aftermath of a sudden downpour, "The General's daughter" by some guy in my hand ... Sudden thunder , I look up and for a second, for no reason,I smiled. I think rains are the most beautiful thing on earth. There's something very uplifting about them.
Just half an hour back, I was all set to go out for a walk, something about the sun setting at 8.30pm, makes you feel like there are hours and hours to spend after getting home from a taxing 8-6 job. But then, it was my turn to cook today, put the rasam on the stove and turned on the cooker with rice. Cut up some vegetables for making the curry, all the while telling myself that I will go out for the walk, just let me get this over with , so I will be worry-free.. and when I am almost done, it starts pouring , as pretty as it looks, I was a little :(
Got me thinking, isn't it the same with life, we always spend today doing things that we have to do and putting away "things that we like doing" for later on. And later on, if we don't get to do what we really like, we resign ourselves to 'fate'. Weird .
Well, anyways, I have my novels to read, a laptop to connect with to the world, a cell phone within arm's reach (have to stretch a wee bit to reach it though :D) and a voice in my head telling me how truly alone I am.
Ah, well, lets see what happened to the General' daughter.
Till then, keep :)

4 comments:

Swappy July 17, 2007 at 8:38 PM  

era....emayyindi unnattundi....

Sudden ga....pedda pedda maatalu cheppi....kallu theripisthunnavu...

Koncham smile unchi....ivala kakapothe repu ani choodu...u will feel grt... :)

myths July 17, 2007 at 8:50 PM  

antha cinema ledu le gani, appudappu ala 'bright' ideas vasthuntaayi ... glare koduthondenti :-P
hey just remembered, nee glare outfit yela undi ? vesukuntunnava ee madhya ? ;)

Prashanth July 18, 2007 at 11:38 PM  

Naaku varsham ante chaala ishtam. Not that I go out and dance and get wet... no, its not that kind of "like". Its that rainy days make me feel more like curling up and reading a book, or writing a poem, or something like that. A sense of serenity, if you will, garnered from the sound of falling raindrops.

myths July 19, 2007 at 9:30 AM  

varni, meeku telugu vachcha!
A hot cup of chai with pakoras, big glass windows for the rain to form patterns on, music of/by the raindrops .... sigh*
Sense of serenity .. makes sense !

Post a Comment