Make-over!

You should not have a friend in Macy's who works in the cosmetics department for you never know what all you will have to face or rather your face will have to face. Well, I don't have a friend who works at Macy's and that should have been the end of the story. But then, when I was actually out there with my office pal, shopping for (cough cough, a bridal shower gift), she bumps into a friend, who at first shot, I thought was into painting. She had an apron with multiple pockets and brushes of weird shapes and designs sticking out. So, my pal decides to get a make over and I settled down to watch the fun. I don't know what happened next but the brush lady was attacking me and my friend was in my seat :( Saying "no" "No" "NO" " NO" apparently isn't enough) makes you wonder doesn't it, if its like a big hint "For heaven's sake woman, you need makeup, you are lucky you don't have to look at yourself, we have to" ;)
Well, before I go further, the only reason that this post came up is because I haven't tried make up before and being unexpectedly cornered into this was rather amusing.So, all that I was about to undergo was a truly new experience.
She started with some liquid that's supposed to "Clean the pores" .
Then we move on to Foundation. Now, she got a card with multiple browns on it and matched it with my face.I am a yellow-brown I believe (to think, all these years I survived thinking of myself as wheatish! how could I be so DUH! ), me being a yellow brown apparently made the brush woman happy coz she had the right shade for me! yipeeeeeee...
that rubbed onto to my face, she asked me , how do you like it, I peeped into the mirror and realised exactly how bad my skin was and how dull I was looking (hello, its 10 hours of staring at a computer monitor!) , but I couldn't see the effects of transformation from the old me to the new me yet. Still, I put on a broad smile and say, yeah, nice :)
Then, next comes powder , this is to be applied with the biggest brush she has, I notice . which is a hard thing to do, for I am half scared she's going to get something into my eyes and kept my eyes closed most of the while. So, she painted my face all over with powder1.
I said powder1 , for it turns out there's powder2 , this is the compact powder I believe , this one with a tint of rose.(Stop rolling your eyes!)
Another forced look into the mirror, nope , the ugly duckling continues to reign. They really shouldn't have those mirrors that seem to magnify everything, pores is one thing but when I saw craters gaping back at me, I had to look away.
This done, Step 4 or is it 5 or 6 , anyways, the next step was eye-shadow, finally, I got to choose the colour, pinks / blues or greens ... well, I would like to think that I am a blue person, but not for my face .. nah, after hmm-ing and ha-ing (like it was a National level decision), I choose brown (hey, I was trying very hard not to look like a rainbow). Now, I had to ask her, do people really apply so much ? and she says "I am not doing anything for you, people do a lot more" . Ignorance is truly bliss. :/
That done, it was time for eye-liner and mascara. I was asked to keep my eyes open and look at the ceiling while she used the mascara. That was hard.Try it sometime, having a foreign object on your eyelashes and looking up, not allowed to close your eyes.
and luckily after use of brush no.6 , they announced that the shop has to close. Relief. Whew, I made it out of this and alive at that! Well, both my friend and the brush lady seemed to like it, it was 'natural' make-up , almost not noticeable I believe.
Somewhere, the oil lamp got lit that maybe there's a swan after all. I reached home, thanking God that my roomie wasn't there to open the door(How do you think I would feel if she fainted or worse snickered!) .
"Mirror mirror on the wall, ..." I had barely started and the mirror shattered into tiny pieces.
Hey , I did not look that bad, I could have been the villain in episode 456 of Ekta's serials. I just needed gaudy lipstick and a black outfit.
I think I scrubbed my face 4 times in 15 minutes, making sure all the traces were removed from the scene of the crime.
Last heard, the ugly duckling was found suitable for the role of heroine's brother's fiends neighbour's daughter no5. Life goes on after all.
Craters or not, make up isn't for me, so , Make-over, move over - the real Myths is here to stay!

17 comments:

Swappy July 28, 2007 at 8:09 PM  

Thats nice.....u must be looking great....hurry, send me the pic... waiting here... :)

Prashanth July 28, 2007 at 9:39 PM  

@Swappy: If she had a pic, she would have destroyed the evidence by now ;)

@Myths: You should also have a manicure and a pedicure and any other cures they have, followed by a earwax... no sorry I meant the other wax... well, they wax everything, so it doesn't matter.

myths July 28, 2007 at 11:39 PM  

Swap,
ye nanna, jeevitham meeda virakthi puduthonda?

Prashanth,
EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

ram k July 30, 2007 at 9:58 AM  

That was a great experience myth...
photo pampachu kada...

myths July 30, 2007 at 6:06 PM  

Hey Ram!!!
yenta intiki dishtibomma avasaramaina , this is too much !!
parledu , yevaro readings chesthunnaru ... uahhhaaahaa ..

Prashanth July 31, 2007 at 12:24 AM  

Well, when it is time for you to get married, you will experience all of it :P. And then there really will be photos for us to look at :P

Prashanth July 31, 2007 at 12:31 AM  

Ikkada andhuru telugu vaale vasthaara emiti?

myths July 31, 2007 at 6:21 AM  

Look at the experienced dude go :-P
andaru telugu vallena ante .. paapam Swappy feel avvutadu, yevaru chadavaru ani ... anduke paapam kashtapadi cahduvutadu..
Ram ki ultimatum ichchi mari chadavamanni force chesa ;)
Anduke attendance vesadu !

hey ,inthaki thamaru yela unnaru ippudu? All Healthy wealthy and wise again ! When are you travelling?

Prashanth July 31, 2007 at 10:52 PM  

Ippudu bagunnanu, no pirablem. Even put on some weight, much to Mom's joy. No longer look skinny :). Flying back to US on Aug 17th.

myths August 1, 2007 at 6:04 PM  

hey, thats really nice :)
and I am sure mom will pack enough goodies to make sure u stay that way!
17th, thats just 2 weeks away ... sahi hai ..
P.S. Do u think u can get Mysore Pak, Pootha rekulu and hot hot jalebis and rasgullas and murukulu and gajar ka halwa and tandra and ...
small list ... u know ..

Prashanth August 2, 2007 at 11:39 PM  

Uffff.... this Myths must have left her brains behind in India... how can I get hot jalebis... they will become cold by the time I reach US. I'll get pootha rekulu the next time I stop at Rajamundry... and eat them myself of course... uahahahaaaaa

myths August 4, 2007 at 9:23 AM  

vammo ! nee kullu jokulu tagalada! baaga kummu :-P
Rajahmundry ki velli mari pootharekulu techchi naakivvakanda thintaava ! manasela vastadi ala antaaniki !!

Swappy August 6, 2007 at 12:47 PM  

Myths....neeku inka pootharekulu, jilebilu avasarama..... :))

koncham thagguthe....gorantha pootharekulu thinochu....try cheyyi mari.... hi hee.....

myths August 7, 2007 at 2:27 AM  

et tu Swapz !!
inthaki annaiah monnane India ninchi vachcadu.. last weekend, oka kg pootha rekulu complete chesa .. ee weekend sunnundalu meeda attack ..
mari antha direct ga lavu anestha yela ra ... intha kashtapdi yemi chesthunnamu ra.. manchiga thinataanike ga ... kullu ra ... yentha kashtapadina laavavvatledu ani kullu ra neeku :-P
P.S. gorantha yenti ra inthaki?

Anonymous August 9, 2007 at 11:02 PM  

Hey myths! Can u give me your email id....wud like to invite you to my blog now since i made it pvt....my id is soundsnsilence@gmail.com

Anonymous August 10, 2007 at 6:42 PM  

snigger...uhahhhhhhhhhahaaaaaaa

Swappy August 16, 2007 at 12:04 PM  

"gorantha" ante.... daadapu "pinch of" ani artham.....

mari kg pootharekulu thinnava....u r great....adi kaka thamaru lavekkadaaniki try cheyyadam ane concept chaala baagundi...ee sari lavekkadam meeda oka post raayi...choodham ela untundo response...

Post a Comment