HaPpY nEW yEaR !!!

Time again to round up the year ... I think I should make this a habit starting with last year, i know I know, Jan 1st is just a date, like any other... but whats life if you you don't find a reason to make everyday special (wah wah ;))
hmm, so what did happen this year. oh wait I got a good one,

I got MARRIED !!!!

that overshadows anything else :) (smiles coyly)

and with becoming a Mrs, other changes trickled in.
I have my own home now. I have my own kitchen, I cook and clean and do all that home stuff that we generally leave upto our mothers to do. And you know what, it actually feels good to be in charge. I got to play hostess to friends, cook and run from the kitchen to the hall and act all fussy just like my mom.
I get to decorate my home with all sorts of knick-knacks (that Vc doesn't have the heart to throw away :)) )
I visited a couple of new places ..
Top of the list is Leh, Ladakh (Kashmir)
Then there was a lots of local trips, Mangalore-Udupi, Skandagiri, Sakleshpura and of course Bhadrachalam, which I visited twice in 2008 (that's a big deal coz I haven't visited in the last 10 years before that)
and of course it was the Skandagiri trek where I took a tumble and put a stop burning a hole in Vc's pocket( read no more trips to pretty locales, no more shopping, no movies/outings, heck, I stopped getting out of bed too)
Oh an update on my housemaid's knee , I am feeling a lot better now, another month or so and I should be all back to normal and I so need to get there and shed the 15kgs weight that I have put on. It really hurts, I have taken to wearing sarees and all the oversized clothes I used to crinkle up my nose at coz none of my daily salwar-kameezes fit me anymore. sigh. Well, few more months and I can get back to being an M, get back to going on more trips, (I so want to lay my hands on an SLR and click away some exotic nature stuff this year) , and shopping a ton to make up for the 5 months I spent without new stuff and of course most importantly, be able to walk like a normal person.
Which brings me to having fallen terribly sick twice.
Right after 2 awesome throwball tournaments, one where I was actually approached by the referee who asked me to come for the Indian national team selections.
not bad for a year huh ?
and for this year, what I ask for is good health and a reason to smile everyday and spread it. For me and for everyone else!!
Happy New Year 2009 !!!

2 comments:

Vc January 4, 2009 at 11:02 PM  

Stop : NO SHOPPING FOR THE past 5 months ?? le le

Here's wishing you have a blast this year in exotic locations, meeting new loos people and learning new languages and throwing tantrums all over the place !! Happy new year Mythili :) and keep your fingers crossed this year is going to be one helluva a ride !!

Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 4:40 PM  

Happy New Year.

Post a Comment