Vous parlez Francais?

Remember that feeling on the last day of exams when you would study enough to get through and plan more for the celebration of having survived another year and another bout of never-ending exams.
Remember knowing that tomorrow you will be free, you wont have to study with droopy eyes tonight, you are free of that tension.
Remember knowing that you will be awake at 4am or 5am tomorrow even if the alarm doesnt ring because you have spent the last 2 weeks getting up at that time to cram in the last 2 chapters just before leaving for the exam hall.
Remember feeling relieved that its all over and looking forward to having some fun over the holidays but also feeling sort of wistful since you know you wont be able to catch up with your friends everyday now, you can't play in the recess time, you can't share food from 10 boxes and so many other small things that we take for granted.

I have this weird feeling today, the type you get when you know something is over, something that has gotten to be a routine part of your life that is now going to change.
I dont have to get up before 6am tomorrow. I wont be able to drive down empty streets and watch the sunrise over SankeyTank. I wont be seeing the people in my French class whom I have been seeing everyday from 6.45am to 8.15am. EVERYDAY.I wont have to try thinking in a different language.I wont be laughing first thing in the morning when I hear everyone trying tongue twisting french.I wont be able to learn something and find it fun at the same time(thats coz of the teacher Ms.V, she's plain amazing!)
I think I will miss it. The people. The place. The language.
But worst of all I dont like that my course has ended, since it changes my routine.One that I liked.

Until the next time I find something that I liked so much, I am going to 'bali-fy' anyone who crosses my path
Vous parlez francais?

0 comments:

Post a Comment